Halloween Dress Guidelines:
Students may wear appropriate costumes on Halloween, but all costumes must still adhere to the school dress code. In addition, the following rules apply:
• Costumes may not be demeaning to any ethnic group, race, religion, nationality, disabilities, gender, or individual (staff or student) at the school.
• Costumes may not cause a disruption or distraction to the school program, (e.g. no revealing costumes, French maids, nightwear, bathing suits, etc.).
• No weapons, toy weapons, or props replicating weapons (sorry no light sabers either!) are to be brought to school.
• No costumes are allowed that would completely hide the identity of the student (e.g. Hazmat suit, gorilla suit, "Scream" character). Face paint may not cover more than 50% of the face (we want to know who you are ).
• Costumes may not show obscene materials or prohibited substances.
• No masks are permitted on campus (they may not be worn OR carried).
**If you have questions, please ask ahead of time. If you are not sure, do not wear it! Make sure your costumes are respectful and in good taste. Be kind and keep it fun! Please be mindful of your actions as well.**
Read More »