Pacifica High SchoolHome of the Mariners

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Welcome to Pacifica High School!  Check out the "Mariner News" below for up-to-date info.  PTSA Dues can now be paid online!  Click on "Parents" tab for details!

Senior Information

Four Year Colleges:
University of California (UC)
• Application filing period is November 1- November 30
• Students can access the application starting August 1st and can save all work
• November 30 is the deadline for submission
• Application consists of transcript/grade, optional SAT/ACT, and Responses to Personal Insight Questions 
• Needed in order to apply:
1. A-G eligible (with at least a 3.0 GPA)
2. Responses to Personal Insight Questions (Answer 4 out of 8)
California State University (CalState)
• Applications available at
• Application filing period is October 1- November 30
• Needed in order to apply:
1. A-G eligible (with at least a 2.0 GPA)
Private Schools/Out of State Schools
• Most applications will be available on the school’s website
• Deadlines will vary
• Most schools will have some type of essay or personal statement question
• It is recommended you contact the school you are interested in to make sure you have met all academic requirements
• Most schools will have a College Entrance Exam requirement (ACT or SAT).
• Many schools will require letters of recommendation from your teachers, counselors, etc. Make sure you provide your personal resume and a completed brag sheet to your recommenders and give them at least 4 weeks notice before your first deadline to compose a letter. 
• The Common App (used by many private schools) requires a Secondary School Report (SSR). In addition to academic and school information, this form requires a letter of recommendation from the counselor. Please be sure to give your counselor at least 4 weeks notice, so that they may craft a quality letter.

Two Year (Community) Colleges:
• Launch application via
• If approved by your parents, Senior Preview Days are available for each campus
• APPLY EARLY to the college of your choice as there are various steps you must complete prior to registering for classes
Trade School/Tech School:
• Contact the school you are considering in order to obtain application/deadline information
Financial Aid:
• All students attending higher education should be applying for financial aid
• The country’s universal financial aid application is called the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• The FAFSA is available at
• The filing period for the FAFSA is October 1 - March 1
• AB540 students will fill out the Dream Act application in lieu of the FAFSA at
• In addition to the FAFSA, make sure you fill out a CalGrant GPA Release Form- this form gives permission to PHS to submit your GPA to the state of California in order to be considered for CalGrant money.